Friday, October 31, 2008

Not very many treats for us this Halloween



This was supposed to be the boys first time getting to go trick or treating because last year it was too cold and the year before that they were just too young.
Hunter woke up this morning and told me that he had a boo boo and would point to his mouth. I thought maybe he had a sore throat but he was acting fine other wise and ate breakfast great. Because of that I decided it was fine for him to go to school. I went in an hour before they got out for their Halloween parties and he seemed fine. He wasn't really eating his snack which surprised me because he loves strawberries and cantaloupe. Once we got home from school he went and laid on the couch and fell asleep. I checked his temperature when he woke up and he had a fever of 101.3. Gave him some Motrin and that helped and soon he was back to his normal self. Being Friday though I decided I'd better take him in to make sure he was fine. The doctor figured it was a virus at first because she had been seeing a lot of viral sore throats. She wasn't going to do a throat culture since it was the first day of having a sore throat and it his throat was just a little red but his lymph nodes were swollen so she decided to do it anyways. It came back with a faint positive for strep throat so she got him on some antibiotics. So we canceled our plans to go out. At least I had already taken a few pictures the last couple of days of them. Ethan is the big scray bat or so he says and Hunter is a UPS driver. I fixed the jacket after taking the pictures so the letters stand out more

No comments: